Sunday, July 28, 2013

The days before Beckham's birth

Well it has been a month since Beck was born and I have not yet written about his birth! This have been crazy busy with learning how to live with a newborn, breastfeeding, weekend in Breckenridge, moving, family coming into town and Wyatt starting dental school. This has been the first chill week since Beck was born so the perfect time to write about his birth.

So my due date was July 5th. I had an appointment July 3rd and I was 90% effaced and 1cm dilated. I got an ultrasound that day and he was measuring big- 8lbs 6oz big. The tech reassured us that the ultrasounds this late tend to be skewed and he really wouldn't be that late... But the doctor wanted to induce me anyways. They told me to call on Friday to schedule the time to be induced.

Friday came and we finally heard from the hospital and ALL the beds were full!! They had no room for me so that meant I had to wait through the weekend and hear back on Monday. I was glad to have the weekend for last minute preparation and spending time with Wyatt before our lives would change forever!

My mom also kept me active in hopes that I would go on my own before Monday so we climbed "Preggo Hill" this insanely long and steep hill. It didn't work... haha




I called on Monday (fully expecting them to tell me to come in that afternoon) and they told me that they would squeeze me in Tuesday morning. I was a little disappointed but was so happy that the time was finally going to come! So Still in hopes to get this baby out Wyatt and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings and ordered the hottest wings we could eat... we were sweating as we ate the wings and still no baby.


We woke up bright and early Tuesday morning ready to "have the baby." It was such a surreal feeling to know I was going to be holding my precious baby in the very near future.



No comments:

Post a Comment