So the job search has began. It has been fun going to interviews and seeing what jobs are out there. I guess I didn't realize that when you interview... you work... I wanted a little break in between my internship and getting a job. Well I have already gotten 3 job offers and they want me to start ASAP. Since I am not quite ready to work I have had to turn down some jobs (also the pay has not been up to par and the hours etc).
So I went in to doTERRA (expecting to quit so that I can get a job in TR) and I decided to be BOLD and I said I was getting other job offers that paid more and since I am the provider of my family I need to do what is best for my family etc. I then told them that I need a raise or I will have to give my 2 weeks notice... haha I actually looked my manager square in the face and said that. I felt so empowered. :)
Her response was surprising.. she said okay, I will talk to the director and we will get back to you with our best offer!!! I was so happy. So we will have to see what happens. I have 2 more interviews later this week so I feel blessed to have so many options!!!
Go Brooke, GO! You are such a valuable employee with such a strong work ethic....anyone would be fortunate to get you!
ReplyDeleteWay to be BOLD!
yay! i love stories like these when something overcomes you and you walk out like, "wait, did i actually say that!" that's awesome. we will be in denver for christmas, we should try and get together if you guys will be in town!
ReplyDeletefun! Yes we will be in denver too! we should try to get together (at least for a little bit) I am dying to see little luella she has gotten so big! Have a great thanksgiving!!
ReplyDelete